March 19, 2012

FIFTY-TWO

Today is a great day!  I had my weigh-in and I got measured.  Now usually I don't like to talk about those days, but today was great news.  I have lost 52 pounds AND 52 inches since June.  Wow!  That is a first grader.  I can't believe I had been carrying around a first grader all this time.  What a relief to have that extra weight gone.  So exciting!

I have also FINALLY come to the realization that I am not on a diet.  It took quite a while for me to fully grasp this concept.  I get that I have truly changed my life.  I eat healthy the majority of the time and I drink water.  I still think that giving up soda was the best thing I could've ever done for myself.  I was way too hooked.  So all that talk about "lifestyle change" finally has an effect on me.  It's a great place to be.  Although I still have more to lose, I now know I can do it.  Slowly, but surely.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, when you put it in terms of losing a first grader it just blows my mind! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete