February 18, 2012

Workout buddy?

Workout buddy?  I think not!  The so-called experts always say that it is best to have a workout buddy. I have made so many "appointments" with different people the last 6 months and they are never consistent. My advice is to go solo.   I set myself up for failure by depending on others and not going if my partner cancelled.  I wasn't dedicated enough to solely depend on me. If you are truly committed to a regular workout schedule, you only need to depend on  you.  No more excuses!

I hate going to the gym, but once I'm there I do what I need to do and get a great workout.  Luckily I have a son who is so concerned about when I'm going to the gym each day.  He likes to remind me that I need to go.

I love the weekends when I can go hiking and spend some time outdoors.  It is such a great time for me to enjoy some peace and gather my thoughts.  Everyone needs to find something what they love to do.

The realization I have come to this week is that I like to be with friends and socialize, but it's nice to know that all I have to do is depend on ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment