February 10, 2012

My Rachel Ray Moment

One of the things I enjoy on a day off is watching Rachel Ray and wishing I could cook just like her.   I pretend I know what I'm doing every once in a while in the kitchen.  This week on the news segment I got to cook my favorite, healthy recipe.

http://www.connect2utah.com/health/features/workouts/stories/vid_2.shtml

Taco Soup (more like a chili than a soup)
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans seasoned tomatoes
2 cans corn
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans black beans
1 onion
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch

Saute the onion.  Add beef or turkey to onions.  Brown the meat and add taco seasoning.  Add each of the cans to a crock pot.  Make sure to drain and rinse the beans.  Once meat is cooked, add to crock pot.  Let simmer for 2-4 hours.  (As you can see I don't know how to write a recipe since I don't cook that often.)

Each week I dish out one cup portions to take to work for the week.  My kids add cheese and eat this with Tostito's scoops.  Without the cheese and chips this is 135 calories per cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment